Monday, June 1, 2015

"Aldo! And a new companion!"

Well folks. Today are the CAMBIOS!!! I am staying here in Victoria :) Thank goodness! I did not want to leave. Even if it is raining cats and dogs and I feel like I will never be completely dry, and my companion, Hermana Mendoza is going to..... TEMUCO!!!! To my old house!!!! :) I am so excited. She isn't going to my old sector but my old house with Hermana Sanchez from Argentina. How cool! I am so excited for her to go there. And my new companion is from....... DOMINICAN REPUBLIC! WOOO! :) Her name is Hermana Guzman and she has about 6 months in the mission. She is really cute and was companions before with my companion from the CCM, Hermana Meads. I hope she is ready to suffer in the freezing cold of Victoria. It's so cold here.

Besides that, we had a great week! We had a day last week that was really inspired actually. We were in the street just walking like always, and I felt like there was someone just waiting for us to knock their door. But I didn't say anything to Hermana Mendoza. But I sure felt like there was someone. Later in the night, I told Hermana Mendoza and she said she felt the same exact way and she felt it near a house of our investigator. So we decided that the next day we would go back and search that person. We then remembered that we had contacted a guy over there named Aldo. We looked at each other and both said, ALDO! We knew we would HAVE to go back and knock Aldo's door again, but we had intercambios with the sister training leaders so we told them that we had a really really really important lesson  planned and that at the end of the day, we would need to be back together for that lesson. So we did and Aldo let us right in. He is so cool! He is married and has a little boy. His father in law just passed away and he said how the funeral left him with soooo many questions. We talked for about 2 hours with him just about whatever came to his mind and he is just really open to it all. His wife, Alejandra, had to leave for work but it was really good all in all. I am so glad that I was in tune with my companion. 

We also got to help another investigator, Carla. Her daughter Isabela has been really sick and she asked if people from our church could help and give a blessing. So we went early Saturday morning with Bayron and Jacob from the branch and they gave her little girl a blessing. It was really sweet. Right after Carla was a little teared up and Isabela wasn't crying as much. It was a powerful moment to see the power of that blessing work almost immediately. 

Besides that, I am so sad to leave my companion! It really stinks because I have had so much fun with Hermana Mendoza and I have learned SO much too. It's crazy how much I have learned in such a short time and with every companion. Each companion has taught me something and I can't wait to learn something else with Hermana Guzman. I feel a bit weird that I am getting a new companion but all is well :) And crazy story, Hermana Lozano is going to be with Hermana Vargas. Grandma and granddaughter together! How cool!! :) 

Have a great week and les quiero :) 

Con amor,
Hermana Burnham









"It's raining so much here."



"Ice cream with Bayron."









"We did a family home evening with the branch and did a scavenger hunt."


"Scavenger Hunt"






"Hey Camila......There is a missionary ghost in your house!!!"






"Making calzones rotos with Hermana Colamar!!! Super rico :)"





"Antlers! Looks like I never left little 'ol RV!"




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment