Monday, May 11, 2015

"The Book of Mormon is True!"

Wow! Skype yesterday was so awesome :) I am so happy I got to see all my family and talk with my beautiful nieces! I love my family a lot! Thanks for the Skype and for the last Skype I will be doing in the mission. CRAZY! I am getting to be so old here. I can't believe it.

Well, I guess I should start with my new area!!! Sorry I haven't written FOREVER! I am in Victoria and with my companion Hermana Mendoza from Peru! Huancayo :) She is super awesome and only has about 5 months in the mission. She is a convert of 4 years and wants to learn English. So we are studying a lot to help her! She is really cute and the people love her. She was born here in Victoria actually right after I left Curacautin. So I left the zone and she came to the zone. It's awesome. We have a lot to talk about all the time. 

The branch here in Victoria is so sweet and loving. The members are the best. The branch president is really young. He is like 27 or something. Presidente Osman. He is really nice and let us skype in his house and make cheesecake. And his wife is super cute too. Almost everyone in the branch are converts for no more than 4 years and all great members. They cook really good too! Speaking of cooking.... I got really sick this week and have to go 10 days without Gluten. MY LIFE IS ENDING! Really though. I didn't realize how much gluten I eat. So the doctor said no gluten. I had been feeling really sick for a while and she said it's really possible I might be allergic to the gluten. So that's fun! Lots of rice and chicken for me. And my nurse investigator who is giving me 3 shots in all. yay! But I will be fine :) And I have fleas again! And a dog gave birth under our house 2 days ago. Oh the things that are happening! 

On the good news, we are teaching Emily! She is the cutest little girl EVER! She is down syndrome and is 11. Her mom just reactived in the church a few months ago and Emily really wants to get baptized. They are such a good family. We are also teaching a lot of other people. One family and the dad, his grandpa married a Chilena and the grandpa is from England. They all look so american. Hahaha! It's awesome. His name is Percy and his son is named Percy too. They are so sweet and have awesome family history. 

Besides all that fun, I accomplished a big goal of mine this week! I finished reading the Book of Mormon aloud in Spanish! Its so crazy! I started in the CCM and did not want to give up. It took me 10 months to do it, but I finished. I can't really describe how I felt after. It was a really good moment in my life and a moment when I really knew KNEW that the Book of Mormon is real. I know the Book of Mormon wasn't written by Joseph Smith, but translated by Jospeh Smith through the power of God. It's real and can change lives, this book. I know it's true with all my heart and that right now I am on the Lord's errand. I was sent here by a prophet of God. Thomas S. Monson is a prophet. I know this is true with all my heart. 

You can know it's true too if you just pick up that book and read it. Don't take this awesome gift for granted :) Have a great week and remember to always read! 

Con Amor
Hermana Burnham
 


"Having fun with Nutella and Chile beanies."









"Cooking"










"Rain, rain go away!"








"Our House......in the middle of the street."





 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment