Wednesday, July 1, 2015

"Be Ye Humble"

So I was really pondering what I should write this week and I thought a lot about an attribute of Christ. That is, humility. Here in the mission, I have learned to always develop Christlike attributes, but these last few weeks, I have learned to really humble myself. It's not easy, but it's a good idea to start being humble.

I guess I should say why, but I have had a little hard time here in Victoria. I can't really explain it still, but long story short, it's been a tad bit rough here in little Victoria. I just always felt the need to fight with my leaders. Whenever they gave suggestions in meetings, I was always just like, no. That's dumb. I am not going to follow that. They don't know what they are talking about. And then when I REALLY thought about it, I thought about how negative I was being. How many times does the prophet say things that we don't want to hear, but are from God? It's the same with my leaders. How many times do they say things to me that my natural man doesn't want to hear?  A lot of the times, God says things to us that we don't want to hear, but NEED to hear and NEED to change our natural man habits. That's what has happened here in my mission. I need to follow my leaders. Listen to their council, pray about it, and follow it according to the answers I receive personally.

Being humble is one of the hardest attributes to develop, but it's one of the most important attributes to develop. When we are humble, we are more receptive to become a better person, recieve answers to our prayers, and be more loving with our fellowmen. I know being humble will bless us SO much in this life.

I want to leave a bit of homework with you guys :) Alma 5. It's a bit of a smack in the face, but a good one .) I love you all so much and hope you have a great week!

Hermana Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment