Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Chile Concepcion South Mission!

In case you couldn't tell, I got called to the Chile Concepcion South Mission!!! YIPPEE!!! :)

So the day I got my call, last Saturday, was a CRAZY day! I worked 5 hours and then raced home to rip open that mail box and hold my call. But, the minute I opened up that mail box.... Nothing. Absolutely NOTHING! I, of course, panicked. I panicked bad. I ran downstairs (I live in a LDS family's basement) and went into my room thinking they put the letter on my bed. Nope. Not on my bed. Then I really freaked out. I was just like, "you have got to be kidding me". But then I was like, maybe they have it upstairs in their house. So I asked the random uncle playing his guitar on the back porch (NO JOKE!) and he took me inside to look in the pile of mail. Sure enough, it was in there!!! I ripped it from his hands and literally SCREAMED happiness! Hahaha! I am pretty sure the little ones are still curious as to why this random girl was screaming over mail :)

So later that night at 6:00 p.m., I had about 10 friends over and my immediate family on Skype to be there when I found out where I would be for 18 months of my life. I cannot even begin to describe the feeling I had when I saw those words. Chile Concepcion South Mission. WOAH! I instantly felt the spirit confirm to me that yes. This is it! OF COURSE! How did I not know this before!? Of course I am supposed to go to Chile! It just felt so right! I actually read it before I read aloud to everyone :) I wasn't going to hide it. The excitement was just too much to handle! And so I read it, and of course, my mom was crying. Hahahaha! Tears of happiness though! I am sure of it :) I also had a lot of my friends and family guess where I would go and only about 2-3 of them guessed Chile! Whenever people asked me where I wanted to go, I always said, "I don't care! As long as I speak Spanish!" Well, I got my wish! And personally, South America was my top choice :) I think the Lord and also the Brethren up in Utah really take this into consideration, but then again, you will go where you are most needed!

I leave for the Mexico MTC on July 2 and will be speaking Spanish! Kind of a longer wait than I anticipated, but that's okay! I have more time to prepare and be with my family. Crazy kind of story though. My sister Holly (you can read her blog here) opened her call last year on February 18th. I opened mine on February 15th. She reported to the MTC on July 3rd. I report on July 2nd. CRAZY! It will be 2.5 years total of not seeing mi hermana (like my spanish?). But we have eternity with each other, so I am not too worried :)

I am just so grateful for the call that I have received! I know that I am doing one of the greatest things I can ever do in life and that is serving the Lord. I can't wait to help those awesome Chileans come to know the Gospel and that families are together forever. And to also know that we can become like Christ through the power of the Atonement. I love this gospel so much! I know that it brings families together and that many blessings come to those who strive everyday to live the gospel! I love this church so much and I love all of you! Have a great weekend!

Hola, mi nombre es Hermana Burnham! (Just practicing my Spanish!) And I also found out that my co-workers little sister is in this mission and a guy in my ward just got back from this mission! CRAZY! AND, a girl that lives about 5 minutes away from me got the same exact call and opened it the same day and we leave the same day. Last small world thing, my mission president doesn't start until July 1st, and he lives in Gilbert. I need to go find him..... :)




No comments:

Post a Comment