Monday, June 30, 2014

Adios Amigos!

Well, folks. This is it! I get set apart tonight as a missionary for La Iglesia de Jesu Cristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias! :)

I just wanted to thank everyone that helped me get to this point! My family, friends, people in my 2 wonderful wards, and the ones who went to Chile on their missions that made me even MORE excited to go! You all have helped me in some way get to this point in my life and I feel like I can't thank you enough. I love you all so much.

These 4 months of having my call have been stressful, fun, fast, long, crazy, and all around amazing. When I first got my call, I swear it was going to take FOREVER for me to leave and now I am just shocked that I leave in just 2 days and get set apart tonight. If you know me, you know that I don't really "sugar-coat" things and so when asked how these past 4 months have felt all I can say is, AHHHH! For anyone who is thinking about going on a mission or waiting to leave, my one piece of advice is to just push through. Satan will try to stop you and fill your head with selfish thoughts, because he knows that you are about to do something incredible. He will put things in front of that, at the time, seem much better than serving a mission. But I promise that if you just push through and remember that you are serving your Heavenly Father and through Him, you will bless many lives, including your own. And I encourage you to pray. A LOT. Heavenly Father has answered so many of my prayers when I've been worried and has always comforted me.

I love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ so much and I know that they love me. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only true church on the earth today. The prophet Joseph Smith did restore the gospel and I will always be grateful that he did. I know that the work done in temples is sacred and that in temples families are sealed for eternity. I am so excited to share what I know with the people of Chile and I can't wait to serve our Heavenly Father and help others feel His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment