Monday, January 12, 2015

"Follow Those Promptings"

Sorry everyone but no pictures this week :( I know. I am awful. I promise! The next week. I just happened to get the first computer ever created. So that is always fun!
This week was super good but also super bad. Hahahah! Oh the mission. Things are always up and down like a roller coaster. We were walking all day on Friday in the hot burning sun and met a really sweet guy. A little too sweet. He is from Columbia and was super interested in listening. He promised to come to church and for us to visit him the next day. We called him that same night now and it was super weird. Long story short, he called me baby and other words that are not appropriate to use right now. Hahaha so needless to say I felt super weird. Then that night, I had a dream about the lesson we were going to have with him and it was a bad dream. I don't remember what happened but I woke up drenched in sweat at 3 am. I woke up Hermana Vargas and told her we could NOT visit him. So what did we do? We gave him to the elders. Hahahaha! But that day he wouldn't let them come in because is wasn't the girl missionaries. It was super weird but I am so glad I followed the spirit even if I don't know what would had happened.
Also, one day we were walking to the house of our investigator and I wrote the wrong number for his house. But I was for SURE it was his house. We walked the wrong direction, but because we did, we met a super sweet lady outside her house. She let us in and her daughter and mother in law were there too. We taught a great lesson with the spirit and after, they all told us to please come back, and that right now they are struggling because her mom is super sick. It was so awesome to meet them and talk. I sure love them. Juana, Florina, and Javiera. Super cute ladies!!!

And then, last story, we had 2 appointments fall one day and I was SUPER mad. Super. I was like really? 2 of our appointments fell. GRRR! But we walked past a house and my comp wanted to just knock this door. So we did and a guy came out. Juan. He let us right in. Super nice. We watched the 20 minute Jose Smith video and it was sooo spiritual! He committed to pray and wanted us to leave the video with him and also what our internet site was. We told him to ONLY look on the mormon.org website. Hahaha but he is so nice and super cool! We have another appointment with him. He asked us not to forget him because the other sisters did. So sweet.

This week was just super good. I am working hard to get my Chilena accent and I hope it's working. My comp is super strict with me and my grammar and at times I don't like it, but in the end its super good for me to learn .Hopefully I will get that accent I want!

Well everyone, follow those promptings ya´ll get this week! :) LOVE YOU!

Con amor,
Hermana Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment