Tuesday, March 17, 2015

"Where is the Rain?"

It is so HOT here in Temuco. I think I will die of heat one of these days. All the people are saying that this time last year, it was freezing cold with tons of rain. Where is the rain now!?! We need it. All the grass is ugly yellow and it's so hot that I sweat like there is no tomorrow. But it's all good! Part of the mission, right? And less fleas. YAY!
 
So this week was super tiring. I don't really know why, but it was tiring. I never wanted to get up or even do exercises. A hermana in our house woke me up 15 minutes early every day to go running and every time I said no. Hahaha! LAZY people. Lazy. No but we had stake conference this week and it was SO GOOD! They had all the recent return missionaries from the stake give their testimonies and also all the future missionaries that have their calls. The stake Temuco Cautin has 16 missionaries and that's the most they have ever had. Our investigator, Maria Jesus, came on Saturday night and the talk was all about baptism and being a new convert in the church. It was great! Hahhahaha perfect timing :) Maria Jesus has arthritis in her wrist and in the talk the guy talked about Priesthood blessings. Hermana Matias asked her if she would like one and she said yes right away. 2 elders gave her a blessing and she loved it. She said she felt so comforted and after her little son, Francisco, asked if he could have one too. Hahahaha! It was great to see it and also that her kids could be there. I love that woman! :) 
 
We have also been teaching Melissa but her mom had her baby this week so it's been a bit hard to get in with her. She is the 20 year old and super awesome. We are just waiting. 
 
Nothing big has happened. Today, I tried reading out loud to my companion in English and couldn't do it. That was awesome for me! Because I haven't read out loud in English for almost 9 months. 
 
I love the mission and never want to go home. I am about to hit my 9 months and I can't believe how fast the time is going. LA MISION ES TAN RAPIDO. No se como tengo 9 meses en la mision. Es super loco. Pero bueno. 9 meses para mejorar y cambiar mi vida MAS. Jajajaja :) 
 
LES QUIERO
 
Con amor,
Hermana Burnham
 



No comments:

Post a Comment