Monday, March 30, 2015

"Tiring, But AWESOME!"

¡HOLA!

So this week was legit CRAZYYYY!!! There was so much stress, no eating, eating like a cow, fasting, baptism, no sleep, sickness, etc. But by far, the best week in my mission :) 

So Maria Jesus was BAPTIZED this Saturday and confirmed a member yesterday in Sacrament. It was so amazing! Because, first of all, our ward mission leader was running late and so we had to fill up the font with water. Well, long story short. The hot water wasn't working. So Maria Jesus was baptized in cold water. Poor lady!!! I felt so bad! I had to be the one to tell her that the water was cold too. She was nervous to begin with and then we tell her the water is cold. 
 
I was so stressed out about the baptism this week that I was beyond tired and my companion has been really sick with bronchitis this week. Everything was so hectic up until the baptism started. Actually, until she was baptized! Hahahaha! I can't even begin to describe how I felt seeing Maria Jesus be baptized. We stood in the back and watched and it was so sweet. I may have cried tears of happiness :) She is the first person that I have baptized in the mission. I met her, taught her, and then baptized her and the members LOVE her. She is so great :) After, we were in the bathroom with her and I just hugged her forever. She was soaking wet and we both just cried. And then Hermana Matias hugged her and we were all laughing. Then crazy Hermana Gladis came in with a mop for the floor and almost fell on her face. Hahaha! Needless to say, it was hilarious and very espiritual :) 
 
I still can't begin to describe how I feel with her baptism! It's so weird to think that me and my companion helped Maria Jesus come to know the Gospel and make this covenant with God. And yet, there is so much more in store for her! When she came to church yesterday, she wore a skirt for the first time and just had this special glow about her. It's all so sweet and unreal for me. I have never felt so happy! Maria Jesus is going to change lives and her family is going to be raised in the gospel. QUE GENIAL! :) 
 
I know this is the true church of Christ and that this is His gospel. I love this work with all my heart and I know that Christ is real. It's so awesome to be on the Lord's errand. Tiring, but awesome :) I hope you all can do the same and play a role in this great work! 
 
Con amor,
Hermana Burnham

"Tan lines for miles!"




"Pregnant cats man!!!!!"


"The youth of Cautin!"





"Maria's baptism"




"Trying to take a normal picture. It's so impossible!"



"Hermana Sandra and her beautiful self."



"Hermana Gladis.....man that woman sure is short!"









 

No comments:

Post a Comment