Monday, April 20, 2015

Elder Oaks

This last week in Temuco has been CRAZY! And yes people. Today is TRANSFERS! I am leaving my favorite little Temuco Cautin and Hermana Matias :( Where am I going........ VICTORIA!!!!!! I actually started my mission in this zone and now I am going back. I started in Curacautin which is an hour outside of Victoria. Then went to Temuco which is also an hour outside of Victoria. Now I am going to Victoria!! Isn't that crazy!?! I don't know what the north of the mission is like. Hahaha! And I am still about 4 to 5 hours from the mission office. I feel like I may never know what it is like to serve up north. But that's okay! I love the south :) And Victoria is one of the coldest parts of the mission! Victoria and Curacautin! Perfect because we are just entering winter.

So on Saturday we had a broadcast live with Elder Oaks!!! We traveled to Los Angeles early Saturday morning and the broadcast was with the missions Antofagasta, Santiago North, Concepcion, and Concepcion South. Elder Oaks was in Santiago doing the broadcast. It wasn't working really in the beginning and so President Bluth asked us all to pray. It was crazy because we could see all the other missions praying on the camera on Skype and right after all of us started prayer, the video started working perfectly! It was really cool and awesome to see the power of prayer. 

Elder Oaks talked a lot about how we teach and the most important things that we teach as missionaries. He said the most important thing we teach is that we come from a Heavenly Father who loves us. That we are literally His children and that He created us and sent us here. That was really powerful to hear. Then he also said the thing that we must teach first is how to pray. That if our investigators don't know how to pray, what is the point? That without prayer, they won't receive answers to their questions and won't progress. It was a very powerful broadcast. Then he got really stern and said that in the next year, the apostles and prophet will be talking A LOT about the sacrament. That in general conference, that was just a warm up and that we need to prepare ourselves to hear those messages. It was intense to say the least. 

I have absolutely loved these 2 transfers I had with Hermana Matias. They were the hardest 2 transfers that I have EVER had in my mission but the best. I learned so much from Hermana Matias and really don't want to leave her! It's so sad, transfers! But I guess life goes on. I am ready to go to Victoria!!! :) 

Con amor,
Hermana Burnham
 



























 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment