Monday, September 1, 2014

"Angel with the Bread!"

Well, this week has been...... interesting. VERY interesting.
All in all, I have fleas. I guess that is karma for throwing a rock at a dog!!! Hahahhaa! But I have just been getting these red little dots all over my legs and my hands that just itch like CRAZY! So then I told Hermana Lozano and she suggested I call Hermana Balden, the mission nurse. So I did and sure enough, I have fleas!!! Hahaha so being super ghetto, I bought RAID and sprayed down my mattress and sheets. And all the entire room. And bathroom. And kitchen. And living room. Its so awful. They itch like crazy. I am now a dog. I have fleas!!!! Darn you Chile for giving me fleas.
Now for the door slam. This last week was really hard. I had 2 people be very, very, very, mean about my Spanish. I wont talk about it more, but just not very nice about me not really understanding Spanish. So I have been down in the dumps a lot. Then on Thursday, all of our appointments (we had 4!) were cancelled. So we just decided to knock doors that day. One lady, oh my. Hahahhaa! She barely creaked open her door and in a harsh voice, ¨Who are you?¨ We are missionaries from............ And then she slowly, without saying anything, shut her door. Can you say AWKWARD!!??!?! Hahahhaha! it was so funny. In the middle of my sentence, the sound of a slow creaking door shutting in our faces. Hahaha! At the time, I was upset, but now I just find it funny. We also had one lady run away from us about 5 minutes after that. So what a FUN day. Not, but we still contacted a lot. We do a lot of street contacting and door knocking. Scary, but it helps me with the language. 
 
Now for the angel. Saturday was another rough day. Just a lot of things. We had a lesson with our investigator, Nicol. I love Nicol! She actually started talking to us on the bus a few weeks ago. But she invited her very stong opinionated friend for the lesson and it was not good. Thats all I have to say. So me and Hermana Lozano were soooo discourage after that. And then I was super hungry. To the point where my stomach hurt. We saw a tiny little bread story and so I was like, hey, lets just buy some bread (the Chilenos always eat bread at every meal. Its the thing here.) And so I asked the lady for 2 pieces of bread and she gave me 4 and then said I didnt need to pay. ANGEL!!!! It sounds dumb, but it helped me realize that there are nice people in the world. Especially after a week of really mean people. She was so sweet. She gave me a big kiss on the cheek and sent us off. (Thats how the Chilenos greet each other. Kiss on the cheek!) 
 
Anyway, I can honestly say that I am so happy last week is OVER! It was so hard to keep going when so many people were that mean to us. When I think about it all, it was meant to make me stronger. Sometimes I dont know what keeps me going during the day because the life of a missionary is hard work. But I know that it is my Heavenly Father who keeps me going. I can feel His presence in my life right now in the mission. I love being a missionary!!! Even if it is hard, I love it. Never have I felt closer to my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. 
 
Thanks for all the support that I get from everyone I know! You all are the best! :) Try this week not to get frustrated with people that are mean. Look at them like a child of God. Its hard when they are being mean, but I promise that it works. LOVE YA!!!

-Hermana Burnham
 
 


"The celery is huge!"



"Me and Rafa...he is so cool! :)"

 
 

"The 4 Zone Conference"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment